With the help of new machinery and our qualified shop floor team, we have developed our in-house manufacturing skills and are now able to produce bespoke built-up 3D lettering on site in a variety of materials, such as brushed or polished stainless steel, aluminium, brass, gold titanium and acrylic.
Whether used on it’s own, or incorporated with other materials or sign structures, individual and built-up lettering creates a distinctive, eye-catching sign. A wide range of text styles can be produced, both serif and sans-serif, and even script text and logos can be created.
Also available, an informative guide on how to maintain stainless steel signage:
Built-Up Acrylic Letters
-A vast colour range and variety of finishes are available; bespoke colour swatches can also be matched.
-Sizes start from 150mm high with a 15mm return edge.
-Flat face acrylic letters are cut using either our router or laser cutting machinery.
-Returns and faces are then assembled by hand by one of our qualified specialists.
-Built up acrylic letters are available as non-illuminated, halo-illuminated or face-illuminated.
Built-Up Metal Letters
– Available in brushed/ polished/ descaled (& painted) stainless steel. Brass, Copper, Premium Titanium and Aluminium.
– Return sizes start from 20mm up to 120mm
– Flat face metal letters are cut using laser cutting machinery.
– Our automatic letter bender is directed by vector artwork, producing returns in a variety of typeface sizes.
– Returns and faces are either welded or soldered together by our trained specialists.
– Aluminium & descaled stainless steel are then taken over to our paint shop to be powder coated or stove enamelled.
– Built up metal letters are available as non-illuminated, halo-illuminated or face-illuminated.
Built-Up Premium Metal Letters
-Our premium letters are finished by hand to the highest quality.
-The superior finish is due to the process of filing and polishing the join between the letter face and return. By repeating this process the built up letter becomes seamless. Once the letter has been highly polished it appears flawless.
-Bespoke sizes and typefaces can be produced as the majority of the construction is completed by hand.
-Available in a range of materials such as stainless/polished steel, copper, bronze, gold bronze and black titanium.
– Built-up premium metal letters are available as non-illuminated, halo-illuminated or trough-illuminated.
If you would like more information then please read our case study on Prestons of Bolton for more information about Premium Built Up Letters.
-Face-illumination is a common method of adding illumination to signage. LED lighting is placed inside the built-up letter and an acrylic, fret-cut face is used. The light is then projected forward.
– Halo-Illumination is a more subtle method of illuminating signage. Built up letters are constructed in the same way as if they were not to be illuminated, we then add LEDs (white or coloured) to the inside of the letter and place an acrylic back tray to the reverse of the letter. This then projects a subtle glow around the letter.
-Trough-illumination is a separate lighting system that is fitted above the built up letters.
-Premium halo-illumination, is where an enhanced acrylic back tray is manufactured to create a refined halo-illumination.
Please look at our case study about Deva City Office Park to read more about illuminated letters.
Fret Cut Flat Metal & Acrylic Letters
Fret-cut letters are most often manufactured in aluminium or stainless steel, although we also have other materials available such as acrylic and brass.
Flat-metal individual lettering may be Plot-cut (vinyl), or Flat fret-cut (metals, plastics and other materials)
-We hold a wide range of vinyls, acrylics and BS / RAL paints in stock. Pantone colours can also be mixed (for paints) or flood-coated (for vinyls).
-Vinyl: Wide range of colours, metalics and effects
-Aluminium : Stove enamelled any BS / RAL colour
-Acrylic : wide range of standard colours, plus clear
-Steel : brushed / polished or stove enamelled any BS / RAL colour
-Brass : polished
-Available as illuminated or non- illuminated.
For further information on Built-Up and Individual Letters then please contact us.
- Post & Panel Signs are one of the most popular signage solutions due to their simplicity of design and we can produce them using a range of materials
- Fingerposts are a classic signage system, and we have a range of options available
- Monolith Signs deliver a highly visible identity and directional sign solution when visibility and brand impact are key
- Folded Trays are ideal for adding colour, branding and information to building fascias
- Banners, Flags & Hoarding are an effective way of catching the attention of passers-by, utilising outdoor spaces they can transform a post or blank wall into a valuable advertising space
We supply built up letters and individual lettering across Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire and the whole of UK